Applications are now open for candidates for the Open Science Research Data Prize
As set out in the Second National Plan for Open Science, the Open Science Research Data Award’s aim is to highlight projects, teams and young researchers carrying out exemplary work in research data management and for research projects relying on data produced by others.
The award has several categories which recognize researchers’ abilities to implement the conditions for re-use or re-use other people’s data as part of a project and also their innovative ideas or projects involving opening and sharing data.
The ‘reuse of data’ award will reward the approaches of young tenured or non-tenured researchers who have opted to reuse data in their projects rather than creating or re-acquiring data.
The ‘creating the conditions for reuse’ prize will reward research teams that implement one or more of the following elements (non-exhaustive list):
- ‘FAIR by design’: application of the FAIR principles right from the data acquisition phase and throughout the data lifecycle;
- Creating/enriching/preparing ‘reference datasets’;
- Enhancing the visibility of data: ensuring the intelligibility of data sets outside the research field in which they originated.
The ‘jury’s special prize’ which is very open in nature and for both individual candidates and teams. It gives the jury an opportunity to showcase ideas and projects that are exemplary in terms of opening or sharing data. The jury gives candidates carte blanche to present the projects they think should be put in the spotlight.
The deadline for applications is Monday February 14th 2022 at midday.
The winner of each prize will receive the following rewards:
- 10000 € for the ‘reuse of data’ prize
- 5000€ for the ‘creating the conditions for reuse’ prize
- 5000€ for the ‘jury’s special prize’
The jury reserves the right to determine the number of prizes per category.
- The description of the awards
- The application form for candidates
- Deadline for applications: Monday February 14th 2022
For any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org