LIBER, together with the University Library of Southern Denmark / Syddansk Universitetsbibliotek (SDU), are proud to announce that the next LIBER Annual Conference will take place in Odense from the 6th to the 8th of July 2022.
“After two successful Annual Conferences in 2020 and 2021, held virtually due to the Covid-19 pandemic, LIBER is pleased to finally return to our much anticipated, in-person Annual Conference that has been running for 50 years now,” says LIBER Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen.
Theme: Libraries in the Research and Innovation Landscape — Supporting, Partnering, Leading.
Research libraries are undoubtedly at the heart of the research life cycle and at the core of providing support to researchers, university staff, students, and citizens. This role has been reinforced over the past few years while research libraries have been increasingly involved in the field of Open Science.
It is evident that research libraries are currently evolving and growing quite quickly, from a supporting role to a more consistent one: they are becoming increasingly recognised as valued partners and key players that not only support but co-develop initiatives, programmes, and labs — providing services not only for individual researchers but research itself, through grants, specific research programmes, data librarians and data stewards supply, as well as dedicated tools, for instance. Libraries are nowadays trusted partners in the research field and can lead the way by developing innovative partnerships and supporting research via sharing best practices, fostering communities, and providing tailored services.
Libraries are also increasingly recognised as key partners in research, through their participation in organisations such as LIBER, and by being present and represented in national and international initiatives like the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) and several Horizon Europe 2020 projects.
As a result, research libraries play a growing role in the research and innovation landscape for the benefit of their research community.
The Call for Papers for the upcoming LIBER Annual Conference is now open. The deadline for submitting a proposal is the 14th of January 2022.
Topics & Types of Work
The upcoming LIBER 2022 Annual Conference will address the following topics:
- Libraries as research institutions;
- Citizen science and research communication;
- Partnering with other organisations and the private sector;
- Community building for researchers;
- Research libraries as publishers;
- Role of research libraries in bibliometrics;
- Special collections in research libraries.
We Invite Submissions Comprising:
- Future-oriented, thought leadership pieces arising out of current research;
- Research papers presenting theoretical solutions, with a clear illustration on how these solutions can be applied;
- Work-in-progress initiatives or pilot descriptions, sufficiently mature to warrant attention;
- Experiences and case studies specifying requirements, challenges or opportunities;
- Best practices.