Call for Projects – National Fund for Open Science
Message of March 17, 2020
In view of the current health situation concerning COVID-19, the closing date of the FNSO call for projects is postponed by one month, on April 30, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. CET (UTC+1).
The following phases of evaluation, publication of results and financing will also be delayed by the same one-month delay.
New indicative timetable (March 17, 2020)
December 18, 2019: Publication of the call for projects
January 13, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. CET (UTC+1): Opening of the SIGAP application platform
April 30, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. CET (UTC+1): Closing of the call for projects
September / October 2020: Publication of the results
November / December 2020: Financing phase
Management team of the FNSO call for projects
Published on December 18, 2019
One of the measures taken for the first topic of “Generalising open access to publications” of the National Plan for Open Science was the creation of an open science fund. The aim of this fund is to support open science initiatives by implementing calls for projects.
The scope of the National Fund for Open Science call for projects 2019 (FNSO 2019 AAP) covers publishing, open publication and its ecosystem.
Those eligible for the FNSO 2019 AAP are universities, research organisations, companies and more generally, any entity with a legal status, no matter what form, whose main mission involves research, and/or the dissemination of knowledge and/or data management.
The FNSO 2019 AAP covers the following items:
- research infrastructures;
- editorial projects or applications combining several editorial projects.
The call for projects concerns initiatives undertaken by French institutions or having a significant impact on the French open science landscape and whose governance is based on a significant French contribution.
Candidates must provide information on their exemplarity criteria. These criteria can be considered to be targets. The fact that they are not reached at the beginning of the project does not prevent the project from being submitted. If you cannot meet certain criteria, please explain why.
The co-financing of each project is an evaluation criterion that will be examined by the jury.
- December 18, 2019: Publication of the call for projects
- January 13, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. CET (UTC+1): Opening of the SIGAP application platform
- March 31, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. CET (UTC+1): Closing of the call for projects
- August / September 2020: Publication of the results
- October / November 2020: Financing phase
To respond to the National Fund for Open Science call for projects 2019:
1) Carefully read the documentation that can be downloaded below:
- Text of the FNSO 2019 call for projects
- Guide to help you register on the SIGAP application platform
2) Go to the application platform SIGAP at the following address, from January 13, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. CET:
For any questions or difficulties please contact:
Documents has been translated into English to make it easier to understand. However, the only authentic version of this document is the French one.