The 10th Conference on Scholarly Communication in the Context of Open Science
CALL FOR SUBMISSION
We welcome you to take part in PUBMET2023 – The 10th Conference on Scholarly Communication in the Context of Open Science. After last year’s very successful conference, this year’s celebratory conference will be more focused on the presentation and dissemination of the research data and exchange of the information and ideas from various experts, researchers, information specialists and librarians, editors, publishers, educators, policymakers, communication specialists and journalists.
Themes of the PUBMET2023 conference include the following:
- The brave ‘new’ world of institutional publishing – Open Access publishing affordable for authors/institutions and service providers
- The growing importance of libraries in the Open Access and Open Science era
- Research efficiency, effectiveness and performance in the light of the Reform of the Research Assessment
- Open peer review: models and benefits
- Responsibility, ethics and inclusiveness in research and publishing
- Role of open science infrastructure in enabling Open Science
- FAIR principles and digital objects
- Artificial intelligence in scholarly communication
- Training, education, awareness-raising and building capacity for Open Science
- Environmental awareness and sustainability in scholarly communication.
The organisers of the PUBMET2023 conference invite you to submit an extended abstract (max. 600 words plus no more than 8 references) which describes the main idea of your work, its scholarly or practical relevance, and innovative scientific and/or societal impact.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the members of the programme committee and/or the review board. Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to give a short talk (up to 10 min) or present a poster at the conference, depending on the recommendation of the reviewers. The abstract must be submitted in clear English.
Please send your submissions via the PUBMET2023 SUBMISSION LINK (free account required). For abstract preparation use the following templates. Along with the abstract, you are invited to upload a short biography and a photo, which will be published on the conference website..
Accepted submissions should be presented at the conference venue in Zadar, either as:
- a short talk up to 10 min presented live (slides posted on the conference web),
- poster presentation (pdf file with embedded high-quality graphics and/or videos posted on the conference web), or
- workshop at the conference venue, up to 90 minutes.
All types of presentations are delivered in the English language.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the PUBMET2023 Book of Abstracts, which will be indexed in Google Scholar, Semantic Scholar, ZENODO, OpenAIRE Catalogue, BASE, Open Science Index and other index databases.
The authors are also invited to publish a full paper in Publications (ISSN 2304-6775), an international, peer-reviewed, fully open access journal on scholarly publishing, published quarterly online by MDPI. The article processing charge (APC) for publication in the PUBMET2023 Special Issue will be fully waived after the editorial approval. The journal is indexed in Scopus, Web of Science Core Collection, RePEc, dblp and many other databases and is ranked in Q1 (Library and Information Sciences) according to the CiteScore. All submissions to Publications will be evaluated by Guest editors and if considered suitable for the Special Issue, they will be sent to reviewers. Authors have the option for all reviewer comments and editorial decisions to be published along with the final paper. Articles in Publications are published under the CC BY licence and the copyright is retained by the author(s).
Additionally, all accepted abstracts, as well as corresponding posters, short talk presentations and recordings will be published on the conference website. Posters and short talk presentations must be licensed at least as CC-BY 4.0.
- Abstract submission deadline: 1 May 2023
- Abstract acceptance notification: 1 June 2023
- Full paper (for Publications) submission deadline: 30 November 2023
- Presentation and/or poster submission deadline: 10 September 2023