LIBER 2020 ONLINE
Building Trust With Research Libraries
In times of fake news and discussions about science, findings and facts, society needs research libraries to safeguard trustworthy information. In the digital information overflow, libraries help students and researchers to find what they are looking for and to put that information in context.
From Open Science and world-wide sharing of publications and data to the long-term preservation of collections, research libraries carry important responsibilities. They must remain reliable, authoritative and adaptable in a continuously transforming society.
During these turbulent times, strong library leaders are vital to ensure that research libraries remain as frontrunners in innovation and gateways to information and knowledge.
LIBER’s Annual Conference has been running for nearly 50 years, and will continue to do so despite covid-19. This year we’re a virtual event.
In the week of 22 June, we warmly welcome you to join us for online sessions and workshops free of charge. Details of each session can be found in the Programme overview below.
We have tried to avoid scheduling overlaps but inevitably some sessions do run at the same time. Want to attend both? Don’t worry! All sessions will be recorded and openly shared so you can always watch the replay, even if you can’t attend live.
- Monday, 22nd June – Opening Address- Reflections on the impact of Covid-19 on Open Science; Session #1 – Cultural Change; Panel Session – From Frenemies to Trusted Partners (collaboration between libraries and publishers, and new OA business models)
- Tuesday, 23rd June – Workshops! Topics include SSHOC train-the-trainer bootcamp, citizen science, transformative agreements, FAIR Data, Linked Open Data, Hot RDM Topics, and Libraries for Teaching and Learning.
- Wednesday, 24th June – Session #2 – Opening Up Knowledge; Keynote from Dr. Christine Koontz; Panel Session – Building Trust in Research Libraries Through Open Science; Session #3 – Securing and Building Trust; Session #4 – Crowd Powered Collaborations.
- Thursday, 25th June– Session #5 – Open Access Insights; Session #6 – Libraries as Open Innovators & Leaders; Meeting of Participants.
- Friday, 26th June – Session #7 – Super-Charging Your RDM Impact; Session #8 – Tools for Transparency & Open Access; Session #9 – Data Visualisation & Metrics.
Links to register for each session can be found on this page. For each session, we have plenty of capacity and we encourage everyone connected to research library communities worldwide to get involved, whether you are working at a LIBER institution or not. It’s a fantastic opportunity to discover what the LIBER network can offer you and your organisation, especially in these challenging times.