iPRES 2020 : Empowering Digital Preservation for the Enriched Digital Ecosystem
The 17th International Conference on Digital Preservation, iPres2020, (http://ipres2020.cn/), will be held between September 21st and 24th, 2020, in Beijing, China.
iPRES 2020 will be co-hosted by the National Science and Technology Library (NSTL) and the National Science Library (NSL).
The Centre Theme: “Empowering Digital Preservation for the Enriched Digital Ecosystem — meeting the preservation challenges of the evolving types of digital content”.
The conference will take place at NSL in Beijing, 33 Beisihuan Xilu, Zhongguancun, Beijing, China. It is located in the core area of Zhong Guan Cun Research & Innovation Zone, so-called Chinese Silicon Valley, where there is a high concentration of numerous top research institutes, well-known universities, national or international high-tech companies, and many start-ups and incubators for them, all immersed in a rich cultural environment.
Themes of iPRES 2020
The central theme: Empowering Digital Preservation for the Enriched Digital Ecosystem, which covers the preservation challenges and practices for current of emerging types of digital content in traditional or emerging fields or applications.
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcomed:
- Exploring the New Horizons
- Scanning the New Development
- Enhancing the Collaboration
- Building the Capacity
- 15 March, 2020: All peer-reviewed paper submissions (including the Long/S hort papers) are due by submitting through EasyChair.
- 15 March, 2020: Proposals for all the other peer-reviewed contributions such as panels, posters, demonstrations, workshops, and tutorials are due by submitting through EasyChair.
- 1 June, 2020: All peer-reviewed contributions will be notified of the decision of peer-review, together with reviewers’ comments.
- 1 June, 2020: Submission begins for Lightning Talks.
- 31 July, 2020: Revisions of the papers & other contribution proposals that address reviewer comments are due.
- 31 July, 2020: Revisions that address reviewer comments are due.15 August, 2020: Acceptance decisions are made and authors are notified.
- Post-conference revisions: Authors are encouraged to update their papers based on discussion during the conference. Final revisions after the conference will be due by 1 November, 2020.