The MetoTaxa project aimed at creating a new workflow to produce digital multi-support outputs for the European Journal of Taxonomy. This workflow, based on semantic structure of texts, works toward improving the interoperability of scientific and bibliographic data. The system is based on a single-source publishing model, where the development of a single XML file will allow technical publishers to produce multiple outputs, both digital and paper, in order to diversify dissemination channels while ensuring a perennial access to the articles and data contained within it.
Components of the projet
- adapt Métopes to taxonomy, following FAIR principles
- integrate TaxPub and Darwin Core elements into word
- convert to pre-prepared XML-TEI files for taxonomic data enrichment
- retrieve and validate domain identifiers via API
- develop web services for the exchange of JATS XML files