Open Repositories 2020
The Open Repositories Steering Committee and Stellenbosch University is delighted to announce that the 15th Open Repositories Conference will be held in Stellenbosch, South Africa, from 1-4 June 2020. The conference will be organised by Stellenbosch University Library and Information Service who looks forward to welcoming delegates to the first Open Repositories Conference (OR) on the African continent.
Open for all
In today’s world, access to knowledge by all is viewed by some as a fundamental freedom and human right. In our societies, open knowledge for all can enable sustainable development and growth on many levels. How well do repositories support knowledge in the service of society? How well do they enable local knowledge sharing and support not only academic use, but also use in education and practice?
Invitation to participate
OR2020 will provide an opportunity to explore and reflect on the ways repositories enable openness for all. We hope that this discussion will give the participants new insights and inspiration, which will help them to play a key role in developing, supporting and sharing an open agenda and open tools for research and scholarship.
We particularly welcome proposals on the overall “Open for All” theme, but also on other administrative, organisational or practical topics related to digital repositories. We are particularly interested in the following sub-themes:
- Equity and democratization of knowledge
- Beyond the repository
- Open and sustainable
- Policies, licensing and copyright laws
- Discovery, use and impact
- Supporting open scholarship and cultural heritage
- 13 January 2020: Deadline for submissions
- 20 January 2020: Deadline for Fellowship Programme applications
- 10 February 2020: Submitters notified of acceptance of workshop proposals
- 10 February 2020: Registration opens
- 17 February 2020: Fellowship Programme winners notified
- 9 March 2020: Submitters notified of acceptance of full presentation, 24×7, poster and developer track proposals
- 20 April 2019: Close of Early Bird registration
- 1-4 June 2020: OR2020 conference